Friday, May 23, 2008

Count Your Blessings

Through all the difficulties in life that I experienced and still experiencing, sometimes I can't help but to ask the Lord for the reasons behind all these. However, whenever I turn on the TV and see the more gruelling heartaches that other people undertake, that's the time I realize how lucky I am. Once in Homily, I heard the Priest said, "When you feel down, don't focus much on the dark side. Instead, try to count your blessings and you'll see how rich you really are."

So, now I decided to count my 7 Blessings that I should be thankful for every single day of my life.

1. Family
- I don't have a perfect family but I have a great one. Despite the loss of our Mother, we're able to stay strong and be bonded as one.
2. My Significant Other
- Jonathan and I have been steady for almost 8 years now. Long engagement is rare nowadays. I am lucky to have a boyfriend who would stick with me despite my "ka-jologan" sometimes.
3. True Friends
- I have true friends that I can always count on when I need a helping hand. Friends that have been there for a loooooooooong time.
4. Ars Cantica Ensemble (ACE) Family
- I have found a very caring group with them. They are one of the reasons I always look forward to when singing in the Mass every Sunday.
5. Knowledge / Skills / Talent
- These are all God-given. Things that can't be taken away from me.
6. Awards
- Again, something that can't be taken away because these were fruits of my hardwork and determination.
7. Good Health
- I get sick from time to time but I have NEVER experienced to be confined or be seriously ill.

Wow! I'm blessed! I'm sure, I still missed some things.
To God Be The Glory!

Now, are you ready to count your BLESSINGS? :)

No comments: